The UK should implement smart technologies for energy saving, experts argue
The UK should focus more on implementing smart technologies for energy saving that can easily adapt to consumers’ needs, an expert in the field has recently argued.
Peter Shearman, Local Government Innovation Manager at IT company Cisco, said: “IT is often seen as a driver of carbon because of the impact of data centres. Data centres are an extremely efficient way to do computing and they can enable nearly up to 5% of your energy consumption and they can enable energy reductions in the other 95%.”
Mr Shearman added: “I think we are still in the early stage, if we focus on the public sector there is still a very long way to go. I think cities have structures in process in organisations and those have not been broken down by technology yet.”
HeatingSave – a great energy saving system for home users and businesses
Installing a solution designed to slash energy usage and bills by up to 30%+ is what every home owner should really look at, if they want to save money.
The HeatingSave Building Energy Management System helps customers save more than 30% on their bills by optimizing any heating system’s overall functionality. This is done by taking into account a variety of factors, such as internal and external temperatures, occupancy, time of the year, the particular characteristics of installed boilers, etc. All of the data is used in order to determine the best heating patterns for the various heating zones within any building, using our proprietary heat-loss algorithm.
The end result is that users still get a very good level of comfort, while in the same time saving energy and money in the process.
If you’d like to find out more details on all the features HeatingSave has in store, just contact our dedicated product team, they’ll be more than happy to provide you with all the necessary information.